L3 cache varies with CPU (Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.)
- Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/ Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel®Celeron® processors in the LGA1150 package
- Intel® Z97 Express Chipset
Dual channel memory architecture Support for DDR3 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3100(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2933(O.C.) / 2800(O.C.) / 2666(O.C.) / 2600(O.C.) / 2500(O.C.) / 2400(O.C.) / 2200(O.C.) / 2133(O.C.) / 2000(O.C.) / 1866(O.C.) / 1800(O.C.) / 1600 / 1333 MHz memory modules Support for non-ECC memory modules Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules (Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)
- 4 x DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated Graphics Processor - Intel® HD Graphics support:1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60Hz 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200@60Hz|
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz or 2560x1600@60Hz
* Support for HDMI 1.4a version. 1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz or 3840x2160@60Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version. Support for up to 3 displays at the same time
- Maximum shared memory of 512MB
High Definition Audio 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
- Realtek® ALC1150 codec
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Qualcomm® Atheros Killer E2201 chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
* The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2)
* The PCIEX4_1 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX8 and PCIEX16 slots. When the PCIEX4_1 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode and the PCIEX8 will operate at up to x4 mode.
* When installing a x8 or above card in the PCIEX4_1 slot, make sure to set PCIE Slot Configuration (CPU) in BIOS Setup to x4. (Refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," "Peripherals," for more information.)
* The PCIEX4_2 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1 slots. The PCIEX1 slot will become unavailable when a PCIe x4 expansion card is installed.
(The PCIEX16, PCIEX8 and PCIEX4_1 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
1 x PCI Express x1 slot
(The PCIEX4_2 and PCIEX1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 2 x PCI slots
- Support for 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire™/2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ technology
|Storage Interface||Chipset:1 x SATA Express connector 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors|
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
(SATA Express and SATA3 4/5 connectors can only be used one at a time.)
|USB||Chipset:6 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)|
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports onboard, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
|Internal I/O Connectors|
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector 1 x OC PEG power connector 1 x SATA Express connector 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors 1 x CPU fan header 1 x water cooling fan header (CPU_OPT) 6 x system fan headers 1 x front panel header 1 x front panel audio header 1 x S/PDIF Out header 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 header 1 x USB 2.0/1.1 header 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports 1 x serial port header 1 x Clear CMOS jumper 1 x power button 1 x reset button 1 x Clear CMOS button 1 x Gear button 1 x OC Turbo button 1 x OC Tag button 1 x OC Trigger switch 1 x CPU BCLK Down button 1 x CPU BCLK Up button 1 x CPU Ratio Down button 1 x CPU Ratio Up button 1 x Memory Safe button 1 x Settings Lock button 1 x Direct to BIOS button 1 x OC DIMM switch 1 x OC PCIe switch 1 x OC Ignition button 1 x Clear Battery button 2 x BIOS switches
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x onboard voltage measurement module
|Back Panel Connectors|
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector 1 x D-Sub port 1 x DVI-D port 1 x HDMI port 1 x DisplayPort 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port 1 x RJ-45 port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Side Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- iTE I/O Controller Chip
CPU/System/Chipset temperature detection CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed detection CPU/System overheating warning CPU/CPU OPT/System fan fail warning
- System voltage detection
- CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS Support for DualBIOS™
- 2 x 128 Mbit flash
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
Support for Q-Flash Support for Smart Switch
- Support for APP Center
* Available applications in APP Center may differ by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also differ depending on motherboard specifications.
Smart Recovery 2
System Information Viewer
- Support for Xpress Install
Intel® Rapid Start Technology Intel® Smart Connect Technology
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- Intel® Smart Response Technology
- Support for Windows 8.1/8/7
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.