- Speeds Up to 14x Faster than Wireless G
- Wirelessly Stream HD Video, Share Files, and Go Online
- Get The Maximum Performance from Your Desktop Adapter
- Connects to Any Standard PCI Express (PCIe) Slot
- IEEE 802.11n
- IEEE 802.11g
Interface: x1 PCI Express (PCIe)
Wireless Frequency Range: 2.4GHz to 2.4835GHz
Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2)
- FCC Class B
- IC Class B
- Item: 68.58 x 119.3 x 2.5 mm
- Packaging: 236 x 167.6 x 35.5 mm
- Item: 140.6 g
- Packaging: 335.5 g
Recommended System Requirements:
• For Optimal Wireless Performance:
Use with Xtreme N Gigabit Router (DIR-655 or DIR-660)
Minimum System Requirements:
• Computer with:
- Windows Vista (32-bit only), Windows XP SP2 or Windows 2000 SP4 (Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended System Requirements.)
- CD-ROM Drive
- 20MB Hard Disk Space
- x1 PCI Express Slot
• For Internet Access:
- Cable or DSL Modem
- Subscription with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Wireless Router
This Xtreme N Desktop Adapter delivers unrivaled Wi-Fi performance for your PCI Express-enabled desktop computer.
The D-Link Xtreme N PCI Express (PCIe) Desktop Adapter (DWA-556) is a 802.11n wireless client that delivers unrivaled wireless performance for your PCI Express-enabled desktop computer. The PCIe interface provides superior performance over a standard PCI interface. This wireless adapter delivers up to 14x faster speeds* and 6x farther range* than 802.11g while staying backward compatible with 802.11g networks. Once connected, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, photos, files, music, videos, printers, and storage.
Get Connected, Stay Connected:
The Xtreme N PCI Express Desktop Adapter is powered by Xtreme N technology and boasts three external antennas to provide superior wireless reception in your home or office. This adapter is designed for use in larger homes and offices, or for users running multiple bandwidth-intensive applications. This adapter enables you to simultaneously make or receive Internet phone calls (VoIP), surf the Web, transfer files, and stream High-Definition (HD) media when connected to an Xtreme N Gigabit Router (DIR-655 or DIR-660)*. The DWA-556 supports WPA and WPA2 encryption that allow you to connect securely to a wireless network.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use:
D-Link's Quick Adapter Setup Wizard guides you step-by-step through the installation process. Configure this desktop adapter without having to call a networking expert to help you.
With unmatched wireless performance, reception, and security, the D-Link Xtreme N PCI Express Desktop Adapter (DWA-556) is the best choice for easily adding or upgrading wireless connectivity to your PCI Express-enabled desktop computer.
What This Product Does:
Connects your PCIe compatible desktop computer to a wireless network to access a high-speed Internet connection, transfer files, and stream media from greater distances around your home or office.
Xtreme N Adapter Benefits:
- Delivers up to 14x faster speeds and 6x farther range than 802.11g
(When used with the DIR-655 Xtreme N Router. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11g and 802.11n specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, buildings materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link 802.11n devices.)
- Xtreme N technology enables HD video streaming, file sharing, enhanced Internet phone calling (VoIP), and surfing the Web
- Access secure wireless networks using advanced WPA or WPA2 encryption
- Easy to install and use with D-Link's new Quick Adapter Setup Wizard
- Backward compatible with existing 802.11g networks
PCI Express Benefits:
- Up to 50% faster than legacy PCI cards (Maximum throughput and performance derived from PCI and PCI Express specifications.)
- Fits any standard PCI Express slot – x1, x4, x8, or x16
- Offers increased bandwidth, reliability, and more functionality than a legacy PCI card (Maximum throughput and performance derived from PCI and PCI Express specifications.)